Aspose.words is a word processing component that enables applications .net read, write, modify & to convert Word documents without using MS Word.
Other features include smart tags, creating documents, content and formatting manipulation, mail merge abilities, reporting features, DrawingML and EPUB support, OOXML, DOCX, DOC, WordML, ODT, HTML, XHTML, MHTML, TXT and PDF formats. It supports Word documents print and image rendering. Using Aspose.words for building applications with Mono.
If you have worked before with XmlDocument, XmlElement and XmlNode in .net, then you will find that it is easy to understand and work with the classes of Aspose.words document, node, CompositeNode and their methods and properties ParentNode, FirstChild, NextSib.
Here are some key features of "Aspose.words for .net":
· Avoid Microsoft Word automation applications in .net and Java.
· Design report or template documents the familiar environment of Microsoft Word, rather than a designer of custom reports.
· Create or edit documents and formatting with ease using an object model similar to the object model of Microsoft Word and Xml.
· Compile documents with your data using just a few lines of code.
· Generate or process thousands of documents, such as reports, letters, invoices, forms in minutes.
· Opening and saving documents DOC, RTF, WordprocessingML, HTML and TXT.
· Save documents in Office Open XML format.
· Save documents in Aspose.Pdf.Xml format that can be used by Aspose to produce PDF files.
· Using Aspose.words within a COM application or ASP and pass data as ADO Recordset.
· Aspose.words installation includes projects of easy-to-understand demo for Windows Forms, ASP.NET, and Swing with source code in c #, VB.NET, and Java that you can use to build the reporting application in minutes.
Handling characteristics of your document:
· Programmatically create, modify, or remove sections, headers, footers, paragraphs, lists, tables, rows, cells, text, fields, form fields, bookmarks, images, and other elements in the document.
· Specify detailed formatting to sections, paragraphs, rows and cells at run time, text.
· Merge or split documents, copy or move the snippets between documents.
· Insert and format complex documents such as images, hyperlinks, via high-level programming.
· All drawing objects include shapes, text boxes, images, OLE objects and controls are completely preserved in the documents. Most of the drawing objects may also be programmatically created or modified.
· Insert HTML snippets in document.
· Access and modify the default document properties and custom.
· Protect and unprotect documents.
· Use merge fields to Microsoft Word standard or bookmarks in your reports.
· Aspose.words extensive use of syntax for mail-merge fields to perform more complex operations during the mail merge to insert images or repeatable regions.
· Popular and dynamically growing tables or fragments of the document by using the mail merge data source regions.
· Fill in the document from any data source .net as DataSet, DataTable, DataView and DataReader or from an XML file.
· Fill in the document from any data source that implements the Java ResultSet interface.
· Take precise control, such as formatting, how the data is merged into the document using events.
· 30 day trial
What is new in this release: [read full changelog]
· The structured document Tag (SDT) now are well exposed in the public API
· Enhancements to table layout
· Improvements of typography in East Asia in the layout
· Many improvements in codec RTF, DOC, DOCX, ODT and HTML
· Improvements in the output of fonts in PDF format
· Introduced cleaning options that allow mail merge greater control over document generation